en - [sympa-users] WWYA

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] WWYA
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 17:55:57 +0200

Subject = short for "What would You Ask?"

Dear all,

Marc Chantreux and I are writing a paper about Sympa history for the French higher education and network community conference (http://www.jres.org).

The idea is to question history about what was the context and conditions that led to Sympa success as a software project when other good software did not make it.

Though we know a large part of this history already, we thought it would be cool to directly ask the original authors / managers that created and contributed to the project.

This is a unique occasion to ask the guys who made Sympa questions of wisdom so, why wouldn't you be part of it?

I mean: we already prepared some questions but anyone in the community could have very good questions and issues to solve, and the feedback from experienced software leeaders could be useful.

So here's the deal: if you send us a question in the next few days or so, we will ask them for you.

If there too many of them, we will probably have to select amongst them to avoid flooding our interviewees.

Well, it's up to you now, I guess.

Regards,

David

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."

  • [sympa-users] WWYA, David Verdin, 09/06/2017