en - Re: [sympa-users] out of curiousity - how big is your largest list?

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] out of curiousity - how big is your largest list?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 08:48:16 -0700

Thanks to those who answered.  As noted, I'm specifically interested in discussion (n-to-n) lists.

When it comes to my question about "what's practical," I'm thinking more in terms of communications dynamics, not so much how long it takes to distribute messages - things like how the traffic balloons when 5000 people are all responding to each others' posts.  At what point does n-squared traffic growth swamp things (both people's inboxes and Sympa).

Any experiences would be most appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Miles