en - Re: [sympa-users] Not including live URLs in web archives

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Not including live URLs in web archives
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 16:10:31 +1200 (NZST)

> On 07 September 2017 at 11:50 address@concealed wrote:
> URLs from emails aren't "clickable" in the web archives.
> ...so, it looks like other parts of MHonArc might be stripping things, but
> I'm
> not sure where to begin.
>
> Am I missing something obvious in the sympa configuration or mhonarc-
> resources.tt2?

Hi;

Yes, this is Mhonarc stripping out clickable links (and other things). I
worked this out back in 6.1.23 so my information may be slightly out of date.
You have to fix this in two places; one of them in the
mhonarc-ressources.tt2, but the other is in the code.

In the lib/tools.pm file, Sympa calls HTML::StripScripts::Parser. You need
to pass the AllowHref and possibly AllowMailto as well:

-------
$http_host_re =~ s/([^\s\w\x80-\xFF])/\\$1/g;
my $hss = HTML::StripScripts::Parser->new({ Context => 'Document',
AllowSrc => 1,
AllowHref => 1,
AllowMailto => 1,
Rules => {
'*' => {
src =>
qr{^http://$http_host_re},
-------

The mhonarc-ressources.tt2 file can also be changed to allow some more things
but (unfortunately) I can no longer remember what I changed. I think it is
not as essential as the above change, though.

This may be different under 6.2 though.

Steve

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more info visit http://smxemail.com