en - Re: [sympa-users] Quastion about inclusion of moderators and tasks

  • From: "Jahnke-Zumbusch, Dirk" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Quastion about inclusion of moderators and tasks
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 10:32:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Racke,

> how did you set up the inclusion of the list operators in list A and
> how do you manage the subscribers in list B?

List A: the list where the moderators are subscribers
List B: the list, where the subscribers of list A are moderators

Inclusion:
I defined some data source /etc/sympa/data_sources/lista.incl
reading something like

include_list lista

Then I added a data_source (source) in the list definition
page of list B

source: "lista"
source_parameter: xx

Whenever there is a change in list A, the moderators in list B
will not get updated. My workaround (better: the the list
owner now has to use), whenever there is a change in list A
you have to go to list B and change the source_parameter,
which is of no importance, e.g. from "xx" to "xxx" and save
your change, et voila, the moderators will be updated.

The original scheme worked fine with SYMPA 5.1.2, which we
used until recently.

> Sympa 6.2. has a bug with the update of the moderators in the
> database, which is going to be fixed in 6.2.17. Maybe your
> problem is related?

Perhaps we hit that bug and hopefully it will be solved, as
there are more than one "list B" and the list owners have to
remember to apply the workaround for all that lists whenever
they make a change to list A.

There are no tasks for the inclusion of moderators or owners
like there are tasks for the inclusion of subscribers?

Regards
Dirk

--
Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
IT Information Fabrics Member of the Helmholtz Association