en - Re: [sympa-users] Possible mysql corruption

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Possible mysql corruption
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:03:28 +0900

Tim,

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:19:13 +0000
"Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed> wrote:

> Thanks, Soji. Can that be done safely in production without downtime or
> disruption? Will it affect the other databases tables?

list_table will be emptied at first. This means that lists page will
also be emptied or partially displayed for a while (but hitting the
direct link to list pages is possible).

Message distribution (sympa.pl) seems not affected, but IMHO it
would be better to be stopped just in case of mess.

Duration of downtime depends on environment. For example, I've
experienced a half to a few hours on the servers with several to ten
millions of lists.

It will never affect other tables.

Regards,

-- Soji