en - Re: [sympa-users] Possible mysql corruption

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Possible mysql corruption
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:24:58 +0000

We have an hourly job that runs this, which I hadn’t tracked down until I did
more digging this morning. The log showed there was an error regarding a hash
reference. So I edited List.pm to include a print statement in the function
that inserts data into the list_table so I could see on which list it was
having a problem. That allowed us to trace the issue to one list directory
that must have had some sort of file corruption or something. The directory
has been saved for analysis, but we archived the directory then removed it
from the data directory and then re-ran the —sync_list_db option, which
rebuilt the list_table. The index of lists is working now as well.

We now have a new problem, which is that some functions submitted via the Web
UI are returning a 500 error. The changes being made (e.g., ownership
changes, send options, etc.) are recorded, but users are not returned to the
page from which they came and they see the error page. Not all changes within
the Web UI cause this error, however. For instance, modifying subscribers and
general navigation. We’re still looking at this, but I wonder if we just need
to restart services (apache in particular)?

Tim