en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa bulk.pl cluster

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa bulk.pl cluster
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:39:50 -0700

Thanks, David, for the confirmation!

And on this:

I am a bit surprised with waht I read regarding unsollicited
unsubscriptions. Indeed, anyone can click the unsubscription link but
you then need to confirm unsubscription by clicking a link in a mail
Sympa sends.

I can't see how we could simplify the process without the risk of
getting people unsubscribing other prople.

The auto link-scanning will still produce that confirmation email to the user, which will confuse and annoy them - they are quite easily confused and annoyed :). And more and more of them are behind this kind of link protection.

The better way for it to work would be like Constant Contact or many other services: the link brings up only a web page showing your email address with an Unsubscribe button, and only clicking that button performs the unsub. No action is performed until that button on that web page is clicked, which the link-scanners won't do.

adam

--
Electric Embers Cooperative
Handcrafted hosting, powering the fires of change