en - [sympa-users] Virtual domains: Location of robot.conf in Debian Jessie?

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Virtual domains: Location of robot.conf in Debian Jessie?

Hello Sympa-experts,

I hope someone out there can help me: I have used Sympa for a long time on
Debain systems running with Squeeze and Wheezy, now I've setup a new system
with the current stable release "Jessie".
And it turned out that things have changed, I could still install Sympa with
apt-get, but it's no longer located in /home/sympa, it's now in /var/lib/
sympa. Okay, no problem, so, I have to put my robot.conf in /var/lib/sympa/
<domain>/ instead of /home/sympa/<domain> as described in the manual
(https://www.sympa.org/manual/virtual-hosts). After some other problems with
the Apache config and the listmaster account I've finally gained access to the
web-GUI as listmaster, and I can see my configuration - but none of the
virtual hosts.
A look into the sample robot.conf /usr/share/doc/sympa/examples/sample/
robot.conf showed that it should be in "vhost subdirectory in Sympa
configuration directory". So, I tried /etc/sympa/vhost/<domain>/robot.txt, /
etc/sympa/<domain>/robot.txt, /etc/sympa/etc/robot.txt, but no luck - there's
still only the default robot, and when I point my web browser to the virtual
domain I see the default config from /etc/sympa/sympa.conf.
So, long story short, where does Sympa expect the robot.txt files for virtual
domains? I've even tried to dig into the code of wwsympa.fcgi, but that's a
bit complicated, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction to
avoid further investigation...

Many thanks in advance and have a nice hackin',

Harald