en - [sympa-users] Sharepoint datasource for list

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sharepoint datasource for list
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 22:53:13 +0000

Hello Sympa community;

Has anyone out there ever managed (or even tried) to populate a Sympa list membership using Sharepoint as a datasource?

In theory, it should be possible to extract names and email addresses from a Sharepoint page; however I’m not sure what would be the best way to achieve it.  Maybe define a child page that presents the data in a way that can be pulled by Sympa’s HTTP external datasource?  Extract data to a file automatically that can be accessed by Sympa?  Even write a plugin that talks Sharepoint API to pull the data more generically direct from Sympa itself?

Rather than reinvent a wheel, I’d like to see if anyone else has addressed this before.

There already exist ways to link Sympa to an AD group, and to an Exchange distribution list, so hopefully Sharepoint will also be possible.

Please post here if you have anything to say on the matter;

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Shipway

Unix Design Team Lead

The University of Auckland

T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487

E: address@concealed

(

  • [sympa-users] Sharepoint datasource for list, Steve Shipway, 01/28/2016