en - RE: [sympa-users] Office 365

  • From: Aaron Bennett <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Office 365
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 19:49:45 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: address@concealed
[mailto:address@concealed] On Behalf Of Amos
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:39 PM
To: address@concealed >> address@concealed
<address@concealed>
Subject: [sympa-users] Office 365

I know there are more than a few on here using Sympa that have their student
population in the cloud with Office365. My question to y'all:
have you had to do anything special with message delivery to avoid MS from
blocking your Sympa traffic to your students?

One of our major distributions got blocked by MS, and just trying to figure
out better ways to handle that traffic to avoid problems in the future. I
know they have their guidelines, but so far it seems somewhat arbitrary what
they are blocking and what they aren't, and of course they aren't being very
forthcoming about the details.

Thanks in advance,
Amos

-------------------

Hi Amos,

In the office365 portal / exchange admin center, then "mail flow" and
"connectors," there should be a connector that says "OnPrem Mail Relays" and
"From: Your organization's email server" and "To: Office365." If so, edit
that connector and put the IP address of your sympa server on it. If not,
make a new one that looks like I described.

-Aaron

----
Aaron Bennett
Manager of Systems Administration