en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Moderation time-stamp Problem

  • From: "Wiltshire, David" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Rynhart, Patrick" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Moderation time-stamp Problem
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 19:23:17 +0000

Awesome – that would be the perfect solution.

From: "Rynhart, Patrick"
Date: Saturday, 6 June 2015 7:49 pm
To: "address@concealed"
Cc: David Wiltshire, "address@concealed"

Hi Steve,

On 5/06/2015 2:33 p.m., Steve Shipway wrote:
address@concealed">
If you set your list to strip the Date header ( remove_outgoing_headers Date )
then this will get rid of the old one.  Many mail systems will automatically
add the Date header if it is not found; a quick test shows that ours does
this.  If yours does not, you can always put some postfix configuration in
there to do it.

Then, the date header will be added at distribution time, which is what you
want -- and this non-RFC-compliant override will only be on the lists you
select.
Very nice - I hadn't thought of this clever solution!  I like how it can be applied per list (i.e. only on the ones where we want to override things).  Will test this out :)

With Thanks,

Patrick

--
Patrick Rynhart
Systems Engineer (Technical Applications)

address@concealed">
Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland
address@concealed

--
Patrick Rynhart
Systems Engineer (Technical Applications) | Business Systems Support