en - RE: [sympa-users] Unable to send template error

  • From: "McLaren, Terrence M" <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Unable to send template error
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 20:43:51 +0000

Steve - After doing some more digging, I found the reason to be related to a mySQL config issue.  Previously, I had max_allowed_packet set to 10MB in the .my.cnf which caused an sql write error since the message was over the limit.  I changed it to 64MB and the dB was happy.  She’s happy, I’m happy….

I can report the reply to message for our self-imposed 10MB “sympa message size limit” is now working as designed.

Best,

-Terry

[mysqld]

# Largest possible packet to be transmitted to or from the mysql server

# the client and server have their own setting

# the default on [client] is 16M, default for [mysqld] server 1MB

# max_allowed_packet = the largest packet that can be transmitted to or from mysql

# min=1024, max=1GB (in multiples of 1024), default=1048576 (1MB)

max_allowed_packet = 64M