en - Re: [sympa-users] question to member_include via ldap

  • From: Andreas Hubert <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] question to member_include via ldap
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:02:25 +0200

Hi Steve,

it explains why it does not work, but how it would work then? :)
Should I edit the config file directly, for example at
/var/lib/sympa/list_data/it-members/config

and put there a member_include followed my the ldap query?
like this:
member_include
include_ldap_query
host server1:389,server2:389
user cn=sympa,cn=Users,dc=int,dc=domain,dc=com
passwd thePass
timeout 20
suffix dc=int,dc=domain,dc=com
scope sub
attrs mail
select first
filter (&(objectCategory=user)
(memberOf=CN=ITGuysGroup,OU=IT-Services,OU=Departments,OU=Groups,DC=int,DC=domain,DC=com))

I also asked in another mail to the mailinglist, what I have to do, to make
SSL work with these LDAP queries. It works for authentication bot not for
these queries and it looks like there is an incosistency about the SSL
options.

Thanks
Andreas