en - [sympa-users] question to member_include via ldap

  • From: Andreas Hubert <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] question to member_include via ldap
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 11:00:39 +0200

Hi there!

I’m trying to have mailinglist with subscribers created from ldap groups. So
I created an include file at
/etc/sympa/mydomain.com/data_sources/ldap.incl
But now I don’t know where to use that. In the documentation from
http://www.sympa.org/manual/managing-members it says
Defining the data sources for members

The supported data sources should all return a set of email addresses,
because that's the information Sympa needs to define a list member. You can
define as many data sources as required, including data sources of the same
type.
Data sources are defined through list-xx configuration parameters; they can
be edited through the list admin web interface of Sympa. Note that the
user_data_source list configuration parameter is no more used (hard-coded
include2 value) ; it has been introduced to support different members data
management modes.

But actually at Edit List Config - List definition I can just add Owners with
the datasource. This also works fine, all from my group are now owners! But
how can I set them to members/subscribers instead?
If I go to Manage Subcsribers I can „Synchronize members with data source“ -
if I click this, nothing happens, it just says "The list of list members have
been built/updated.“ but I still have no members or subscribers. If I change
the list config directly and change the owner_include to member_include and
restart sympa, then this has no effect but the Synchronize button is gone.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong and where I can chose the datasource
for members/subscribers?

Thanks
Andreas