en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Webpage displays error after upgrade

  • From: Philipp Kolmann <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Webpage displays error after upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:39:52 +0100

Hi,

Am 04.03.15 um 09:52 schrieb Philipp Kolmann:
I have a sympa installation on a Debian Wheezy system and upgraded it to the latest wheezy-backports available package (6.1.23~dfsg-2~bpo70+1).

Now I see in the webpage on every list on several config tabs the following error:

Sympa could not deliver the requested page for the following reason:
undef error - optdesc: filter not found
Please contact the listmaster.

Sadly, I couldn't find anything on google regarding this error.
Do you have any idea, what may be wrong?

I retested the upgrade issue on a vm-clone of my box and there I saw that the debian installer removed the file /etc/sympa/facilities and it seems that sympa can't work.

After copying the file from another machine sympa works for me again.

The upgrade also removes the /etc/sympa/apache* files and the symlink from /etc/apache/conf.d/sympa to /etc/sympa/apache which were quite easy to fix.

Sympa 6.1.23~dfsg-2~bpo70+1 works now for me on wheezy. I hope that this can help someone else as well.

thanks
Philipp

DI Mag. Philipp Kolmann mail: address@concealed
Technische Universitaet Wien web: www.zid.tuwien.ac.at
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID) tel: +43(1)58801-42011
Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10, A-1040 Wien DVR: 0005886