en - Re: [sympa-users] help installing in nginx

  • From: Nikolay Shaplov <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, Ricardo Kleemann <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help installing in nginx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:11:35 +0300

On Wednesday 18 March 2015 14:07:42 Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

Hi! First of all have a look at https://gist.github.com/bjacint/7862912
(and my patch at the comment) as nginx config provided at sympa site is quite
wrong.

I am also trying to run sympa on nginx + debian now.
I did not finish, but my current config is:

===================================
# based on https://gist.github.com/bjacint/7862912

server {
listen 80;
# server_name list.some.domain; # change
this

server_name *.*;
root /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa;
access_log /var/log/nginx/sympa.access.log; # change this
error_log /var/log/nginx/sympa.error.log; # change this
error_page 403 500 502 503 504 /50x.html;

# rewrite ^/$ http://list.some.domain/wws/ permanent; # change
this

location = / {

rewrite ^ http://$http_host/wws/;

}

location ^~ /static-sympa/ {

alias /var/lib/sympa/static_content/;

access_log off;
}

location /50x.html {
root /usr/share/nginx/html;
}

location ~* \.(php|pl|py|jsp|asp|sh|cgi|bin|csh|ksh|out|run|o)$ {
deny all;
}

location ~ /\.ht {
deny all;
}

location /wws {
gzip off;
fastcgi_pass unix:/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
fastcgi_split_path_info ^(/wws)(.+)$;
fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;
fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME $fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_URI $request_uri;
fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_URI $document_uri;
fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT $document_root;
fastcgi_param SERVER_PROTOCOL $server_protocol;
fastcgi_param GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1;
fastcgi_param SERVER_SOFTWARE nginx;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR $remote_addr;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_PORT $remote_port;
fastcgi_param SERVER_ADDR $server_addr;
fastcgi_param SERVER_PORT $server_port;

# According to RFC3875
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3875#section-4.1.14) in SERVER_NAME
# we should put actual hostname user came to. For nginx it is in
$http_host
# This will allow to run sympa multihost instances
fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $http_host;

fastcgi_param REMOTE_USER $remote_user;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi;

fastcgi_param HTTP_HOST $http_host;
fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
}
}