en - Re: [sympa-users] Database changes when upgrading sympa?

  • From: "Michael D. Sofka" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Database changes when upgrading sympa?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:58:32 -0400

On 10/10/2014 02:38 PM, Emmanuel Bouthenot wrote:

You should take a look at this thread:
https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-users/2014-07/msg00004.html

Regards,

Okay, that got me farther. I was able to upgrade the database with only a little bit of difficulty.

Now when running:

sympa.pl --sync_list_db

I get errors about the list of owners being longer than 100 characters. And indeed, in list_table defines owners_list, editors_list, and so on as: varchar(100).

Two things:

First, given that address@concealed, it is not difficult to exceed that limit. And in our case, student club lists, for whatever reason, tend to have a lot of owners. Perhaps the field should be larger.

Second, does it matter? It appears this is used as a cache. Is it rebuilt on startup?

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka address@concealed
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer, Email, TeX, Epistemology