en - [sympa-users] configuring a high-availability cluster?

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] configuring a high-availability cluster?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:28:36 -0400

Hi Folks,

We've been running Sympa, and our mail system, in a high-availability environment - basically running in a virtual machine, in a failover configuration, with shared storage (DRBD for those interested).

The thing is, we're trying to simplify our "plumbing" by doing away with shared storage, and moving to application layer data replication and failover. It's easy to do for some things (e.g., replicated databases), mirrored static web sites - not so easy for other things - notably SMTP and List Processing.

I'm still struggling to find an SMTP through other channels. But for this group, I wonder if anybody has a good approach in clustering Sympa for failover?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra