en - RE: [sympa-users] converting archives and 'outgoing' directory

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Peter Grandi <address@concealed>, Sympa user <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] converting archives and 'outgoing' directory
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:28:37 +0000

> Also please let me have your guess whether it would be faster, for an
archive
> with 10,000 to 100,000 messages, to run MHonArc per message or just
> request a rebuild at the end of the whole newly moved archive.

When we migrated our huge archive from MailMan to MHonArc, I migrated all
the text archives from Mailman (using a supplied script) to the text
location in /var/lib/sympa/arc/$list@$robot/yyyy-mm/arctext (updating the
index file as well), and then ran a total Mhonarc rebuild once at the end,
over the weekend. All worked well. I think this is the most efficient way
to go.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed