en - RE: [sympa-users] Too many listowners (or, too small fields in list_table)

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Michael Howe <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Too many listowners (or, too small fields in list_table)
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:36:51 +0000

> Has anyone else seen problems with having too many owners/moderators
> on a list to fit in the list_table table with a recent 6.1 version of
sympa? Both
> the owners_list and editors_list field default to varchar(100), and while

We had this issue, since we link owners/editors to some LDAP groups and they
can become rather long; I modified the table to have varchar(1024) for
these fields and now all is fine.

> (The hacky solution is to just increase the field size; the better
solution would
> be to normalize the data, but I don't know if that's a bit drastic for
6.1.)

Yeah, I know. I can't really see the point of this field without diving
into the code, since the admin_table already holds the same data in
normalised form, but maybe it is to speed up the processing? Does it even
still exist in 6.2?

In addition, our web templates are amended to make the owner and editor
lists collapsible if there are more than a few to show.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed