en - RE: [sympa-users] Strict, per list, send limit...

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Strict, per list, send limit...
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 22:36:02 +0000

> I'm using sympa 6.0.1 (debian squeeze), and i need to setup, for only some
> lists, some ''draconian'' send limit (eg, 50 recipient every 5 minutes).
> The list are internal one, and the culprit is that all recipent have the
same
> domain/destination server, so sending to 600 recipient (even breaked in
> 50 recipient per smtp session) will hog the destination server.

I do not believe this is currently possible with vanilla Sympa.

You can set some limits on a global basis, but it sounds like you want to
limit the rate by list or by subscriber+list.

There should be a way to achieve this by creating a custom scenario plugin
for the send scenario, that records messages and returns a fail if the rate
is too high. It would need to have a table in the database for
subscriber/list/count/interval. You would then activate it by adding a
line in the list send scenario like :

CustomCondition::rate_limit([listname],[sender],10) smtp,smime,md5
reject(tt2="rate_limit.tt2")

I've contemplated this before, but not actually written it as yet. It
should be fairly easy to do, so if I get the opportunity I might put
something together and post here.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed