en - [sympa-users] Question Regarding Mail Merge Feature

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Question Regarding Mail Merge Feature
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 06:26:44 +0200

Hi all,

I'm substituting curly braces for square ones in this post - so that what I
write don't get suppressed :-)

With regard to the mail merge feature, I'm aware that you can send an email to
a list containing the following:

{% user.custom_attribute.foo.value %}

and Sympa will substitute the custom attribute as appropriate.

What's not clear to me, is whether you can substitute the "list wide"
custom_vars in a similar way.

Within an email I have tried the likes of:

{% listname.custom_vars.baz.value %}

but I'm not getting anywhere.

Perhaps custom_vars can only be used in web / mail templates ? If so, why ?
It would seem very useful to be able to access custom values on a per list
basis (as opposed to per user per list) via email (rather than templates).

Thanks,

Patrick