en - RE: [sympa-users] Question Regarding Mail Merge Feature

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Question Regarding Mail Merge Feature
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 10:25:03 +0000

I had a similar question some time ago, namely, what variables are exposed to
the stash during web page generation and during mailmerge? (The stash is the
set of variables passed to the TT2 template processor)

To solve this, I created a special TT2 template plugin that is put into the
Sympa/Template/Plugin directory, that allows you to put a special symbol into
your web page or your mailmerge email that will be replaced by the entire
stash in a nice structured format.

Clearly this is not something you'd want to have generally available in a
production server but it is very handy for testing and debugging.

I don't have it to hand currently (I'm at home) but when I'm in the office
tomorrow I will upload it to the list with instructions.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead