en - Re: [sympa-users] Question Regarding Mail Merge Feature

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question Regarding Mail Merge Feature
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 07:04:49 +0200

Thank you Steve & Philippe for your replies.

As a result of playing around with Dumper, I've been able to determine that
the merge_data() function is aware of the following:

'to',
'listname',
'user' (which incorporates 'custom_attribute','escaped_email'
'wwsympa_url'
'robot'

Unfortunately, 'custom_vars' isn't available in merge_data().

What is the easiest way to modify the source so that custom_vars is available
within Bulk.pl ? (This will only be used when merging data.)

In case you're wondering what I'm trying to do - with personalised messages
you currently don't seem to be able to access LIST custom_vars at all.

A sample use case would be:

Dear {% user.gecos %},

This is a reminder that next weeks seminar topic will be {%
list.custom_var.nextseminar.value %}

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't seem to be able to use list vars as
part of the mail merge at present (which is what we'd like to do).

Thanks,

Patrick