en - RE: [sympa-users] sympa virtual host config

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] sympa virtual host config
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 02:53:22 +0000

We have multiple robots on our system, configured through the web interface.

To do this, we simply have the various robot domains in DNS as aliases for
the host in question. Wwsympa picks up the hostname you accessed it via and
shows the web interface for the correct robot; you should have the
appropriate URLs defined in the robot.conf files.

So, list.foo.com and list.bar.com are both A records for the same IP and as
aliases for the server. You have canonicalise=off in the httpd.conf. When
you use http://list.foo.com/sympa you get the list.foo.com robot, and when
you use http://list.bar.com/sympa you get the bar.com robot.

Steve Shipway
address@concealed