en - Re: [sympa-users] anonymous list setup

  • From: Alexandre Hannud Abdo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] anonymous list setup
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:58:57 -0200

Ni!

Hi folks, thanks for your comments kwadronaut and steve.

From what you said, I'll have to code the part that, after anonymizing
the message, inputs in the "From:" header the name given by the user in
the database.

I've identified the files and functions that implement anonimity. It
seems easy to clone and adapt them to implement this "pseudonimity" and
I've started working on that.

I find this a useful feature, or at least a fun one, so I wanna do this
right and release a patch that properly integrates it in sympa,
regardless of whether it will be merged or maintained on the side.

Are there any sympa developers on this list that could help me?

My main question right now would be:

What is the proper way to access the user database to get the name
corresponding to an email address, and then include it in the "From:"
header, if we're doing this in a repetition of the code inside
"/usr/share/sympa/lib/List.pm" that implements anonimity (line 2524)?

An amazing year filled with joy for everyone! =)

ale
.~ยด