en - Re: [sympa-users] anonymous list setup

  • From: Alexandre Hannud Abdo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] anonymous list setup
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:15:52 -0200

On Dom 12 Jan 2014 09:15:21 BRST, kwadronaut wrote:
> I wonder if it doesn't make more sense to write a mitm sympa plugin:
> Receive mail, ditch most headers (keep the message-id, threading is
> great), rewrite the <from>, push to sympa. Might be easier to maintain.
> You could get some ideas from (amongst others) schleuder2:
> https://schleuder.nadir.org.
> Did you have a look at http://www.sympa.org/contribs/index ? There are
> quite a few plugins that deal with authentication, authorization and if
> you play buzzwordbingo: SSO and CAS and LDAP… You might not have to
> reinvent wheels.

I don't see how I could simply write a mitm plugin, because I must
access the sympa user database to get the names for the users, and I
must access the list config options to integrate with the web interface.

I haven't seen any documentation on how to do those things as a plugin.
In fact, contributor documentation on the website is kinda poor, and
links to what looks like a devel mailing list are broken.

In any case, what I want is so close to the existing the anonymity
feature that in terms of development and maintenance it still seems
easier to write a patch and follow any changes to that code.

In fact, I already coded what I believe are all the necessary changes.

I would really appreciate if someone involved in sympa development could
take a look. The patch is <100 lines.

http://paste.debian.net/76070/

(Btw, you can't keep the message-id if you want to anonymize as it
exposes the sender's domain. However that does not break threading, as
you can keep the already anonymized in-reply-to header.)

Cheers and thanks for the pointers kwadronaut,

ale
.~´