en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Oracle

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Oracle
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:46:10 +0100

Hi Nick,

Le 15/11/13 19:02, Nick Donaldson a écrit :

Hello everyone.

I managed to solve my problem of Sympa not seeing the DBI::Oracle driver. It turned out I needed to specify the database type as Oracle (uppercase ‘O’) in the db_type option for the data source I was defining.

Now, I have a new problem. I cannot get sympa to connect to the Oracle database I want to access. At our site, we refer to the Oracle databases via TNSNames. However, it seems that the connect_string sympa generates doesn’t work, no matter whether I specify the host as the TNSName or the full host name.

What do Sympa logs say when you try to connect to Oracle?

Also, where would I find any error messages that come from perl itself, when sympa runs into problems like this?

If you mean "standard error", you can find them in the "tmp" Sympa spool (/var/spool/sympa/tmp/ by default). there are file called <pid>.stderr where <pid> if the pid of a running Sympa process. Catch the sympa;pl process id and check whet the corresponding file in the tmp spool contains.

cheers,

David

Nick Donaldson

Help & Solutions Centre Consultant

IST Help & Solutions Centre

Client Services

Information Services and Technology

010 Elizabeth Dafoe Library

University of Manitoba

Winnipeg, MB.  R3T 2N2

E-mail: address@concealed

Phone:   (204) 474-8649

Fax:     (204) 474-7598

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21