en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa and Oracle

  • From: Jérôme Zittoun <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Nick Donaldson'" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa and Oracle
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:48:20 +0100

Hi Nick,

Presuming you're trying to connect to Oracle for the first time from this server, and sorry if you are a Guru in Oracle.

Can you reach your Oracle DB using TNSPing?
See http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e41945/connect.htm

Can you reach the DB using the connection string generated by Sympa?

If you can, Sympa (or one of its components) is guilty, but you should first try a connection from outside of Sympa.

Hope this helps
--
Jérôme Zittoun
Erigne Informatique / DZ2