en - RE: [sympa-users] virtual hosting - is it mandatory to have different vhosts for the web site?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Dick Visser'" <address@concealed>, "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] virtual hosting - is it mandatory to have different vhosts for the web site?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:28:12 +0000

> I'd like to be able to run Sympa lists for a number of domains.
> From the docs at http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.2/virtual-hosts it
> looks like every mail domain needs a different HTTP vhost as well,
> which is not very convenient. Especially when hosting lots of domains,
> if you name the vhosts inside that domain, then we'd have to renew the
> HTTPS certificate every time.

We do it using one vhost that has many ServerAliases, with a single Sympa
install; there is a single certificate, but it has many altnames, one for
each robot domain. So, we have to re-create the certificate each time that
we add a new list domain (fortunately this is a rare occurrence, and does not
cost us anything to do)

As other people have pointed out, you should be able to do some magic with
SetEnvIf to match the first part of the URL path and save it to the HTTP_HOST
env var, overriding the one set by the vhost, and have it work that way. The
various wwwsysmpa.conf and robot.conf file should allow you to override the
relevant default sympa URL bases.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: address@concealed
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail :
打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会