en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Cent OS/RHEL compatible version?

  • From: Clement Thomas <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Cent OS/RHEL compatible version?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:34:12 +0530

On 03/15/2013 06:51 PM, Robert Beer wrote:
On Mar 11, 2013, at 6:32 PM, address@concealed wrote:

Hi,

I have been trying to install Sympa 6.4.17 on Cent OS version 6.4 for couple
of days and no success. I was having issues when downloading the Perl modules
using CPAN and then running with Apache 2. Though the sympa.pl process starts
without any errors and running the ./wwsympa.wrapper.fcgi at command line
producing the html content, but from the browser I am getting Internal Server
error.

Seems like the content formatted is not the correct format and this could be
because of the errors I got when I downloaded the Perl modules as from one of
the posts I have seen the problems of modules with OS versions and worked fine
with previous versions.

Can someone confirm me, the last tested version of the CentOS/RHEL that the
latest version of Sympa 6.4.17 works or point me to a place where I can find
it.
Try this:
cd /etc/yum.repos.d
wget http://sympa-ja.org/download/rhel/6/sympa-ja.org.rhel6.repo

cd /var/tmp
wget http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
rpm -i epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

yum install sympa-httpd

Review /usr/share/doc/sympa-6.1.17/README.RPM-install

--
Bob Beer <address@concealed>
Ohio Northern University, Information Technology, Ada, OH 45810

Hi,
We currently use sympa 6.1.16 on CentOS 6.3 (x86_64) installed via rpm. As said above add epel repo along with sympa-ja to pull all required perl modules (as rpm packages), though we manage rpms with our custom repo. sympa and sympa-httpd is working fine and seems to be very stable than our previous version 5.4.3

Regards,
Clement