en - RE: [sympa-users] Web Archive is slow

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: YANG ChengFu <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Web Archive is slow
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 04:16:29 +0000

Sorry for butting in here...

If those figures are correct -- 4,000 messages per hour of sizes up to 5MB on a single list -- then maybe there is a better solution that Sympa for this case?  That doesn't sound like a mailing list intended for humans to read.  Maybe simply disable archiving, or use a different solution (maybe disable archiving in Sympa, and instead email the messages to an additional pseudo address that archives them?)

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead