en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa hung processing digest with 100% CPU

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa hung processing digest with 100% CPU
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:15:09 -0700

I came into the same trouble as Omen Wild reported in a previous mail.

The processing of two of my digests hung on a specific message. I handle
it by removing the incriminated messages from the digest file and the
rest was processed correctly.

Ah, sorry it's taken me until now, but this sounds like the same bug I reported in January:

https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?func=detail&aid=7443&group_id=23&atid=167

And although it was a private message and doesn't appear in the comments there, I received another follow-up from one of the Sympa team saying that they *did* reproduce the bug using the current version of Text::Linefold, and they would be providing a fix within a couple of weeks. That was in late March or early April....

It seems that the problem vanish if I use Prep instead of obsoleted
UserBreaking parameter name to new() (tools.pm line 3891).

Ooooo, that is very exciting to hear. I think we will have to try this fix on our production system. Thanks!

adam