en - Re: [sympa-users] solution for very cranky smtp servers

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Joris <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] solution for very cranky smtp servers
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:51:00 -0400

I don't know how to do it in sympa, short of modifying sympa.

You could pre-process the messages for the list before they enter sympa, by
adding a script to do this to the delivery pipelin in the aliases file

something like:

foo: " | /my/header/script | /sympa/dir/bin/queue listname"

be careful you don't screw up the headers in such a way that sympa bounces
the messages. You can try keeping a backup of everything that comes into the
list with:

foo: /some/dir/listname-backup," | /my/header/script |

On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:25 AM, Joris wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>

>> IIRC we told the people on the far side of the spam filter it was their
>> problem.
> That is not possible in our case, I'm afraid. Serving those trapped
> users is one of our goals.
>
>> Another approach would be to tell the users on the inside to do a digest
>> subscription. Maybe set up an hourly digest if it is a highly trafficked
>> list.
>
> I'll look into that, thanks.
>
> Another possible solution would be to alter the address, but keep the
> (descriptive) from name in the header.
> from: John Doe <john.doe@ep>
> from: John Doe <sympalist@us>
>
> Is this possible in sympa somehow?