en - Re: [sympa-users] solution for very cranky smtp servers

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Joris <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] solution for very cranky smtp servers
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:50:59 -0400

You're not the only person with this problem. We've also run into it.

IIRC we told the people on the far side of the spam filter it was their
problem.

Another approach would be to tell the users on the inside to do a digest
subscription. Maybe set up an hourly digest if it is a highly trafficked
list.

On Mar 23, 2011, at 2:41 AM, Joris wrote:

> Dear List,
>

> For our free software users group we're running several mailing lists on
> sympa.
> We have an audience both within and outside of a certain organisation
> (called EP for short).
>
> This organisation blocks incoming mail (at the smtp level) where the
> FROM is from within the EP.
> This happens to be the case for mails sent from employees of EP, to
> (outside) sympa, back to other people in EP.
> Of course, there is no chance of relaxing the smtp policies within EP.
>

> For now, I've set up anonymous_sender to be the list itself. This lets
> the emails pass through to EP, but removes the sender information from
> the headers. If people do not sign their name under the mail, we
> effectively don't know who sent it.
>
> What is a better solution for this?
> If I missed something obvious in the manual or config file, I apologize.
>

> Kind regards,
> Joris

danno
--