en - Re: [sympa-users] Include user's name in SQL query inclusion?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Omen Wild <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Malcolm Waltz <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Include user's name in SQL query inclusion?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:10:54 +0200

Your queries are right, but the problem is that the data_source system only gathers email addresses. We don't add the gecos. this is partly due to the fact that the gecos was rarely used when the inclusion system was first implemented, and partly because the gecos is defined at the user level (ie in the user table) and not at the subscription level.

Only for owners can you set a different gecos for each list (and it is sotred in the database under the field "comment": it is only used for display in the web interface).

Regards,

David