en - [sympa-users] Redundancy for sympa

  • From: Warren Anderson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Redundancy for sympa
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:24:44 -0700

Hi,

Does anyone out there require high-availability for their sympa lists? If so,
how do you provide redundancy? Having a back up service that we can fail-over
to would be the obvious thing to do, but then we have the problem of
synchronizing the production service and the backup. We are using LDAP to
provision subscription lists and moderator lists, and are using kerberos for
wwwsympa authentication, so we don't really need to replicate user
information for the lists. However, we would want to somehow sync the
archives if possible, and I think there is information in the DB back-end (in
our case mySQL) that would need to be synched too.

We can probably figure this out ourselves over time, but I would prefer to
learn from the experience of others if anyone has some.

Thanks,
Warren

| P.O. Box 413, |
| Dept. of Physics (414) 229-3323 OFFICE |
| Milwaukee WI, 53201, USA (414) 229-5589 FAX |