en - [sympa-users] 5.4.3 Subscribe Behavior Clarification

  • From: Chad Myslinsky <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] 5.4.3 Subscribe Behavior Clarification
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:10:01 -0400 (EDT)

I'm the proud new father of an inherited 5.4.3 installation and am trying to
clarify behavior seen while subscribing to lists with "Who can subscribe to
the list (subscribe)" set to "subscription request confirmed (auth)." My
inherited installation decides it wants to email a password instead of
emailing a confirmation link. I've been playing around with the 6.1b.1
appliance which is emailing confirmation links. The Scenario Source is the
same between both environments so I'm not sure what to investigate next. Is
there some kind of setting which forces authentication on the website?

Chad