en - Re: [sympa-users] 5.4.3 Subscribe Behavior Clarification

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] 5.4.3 Subscribe Behavior Clarification
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:20:21 -0400

You can modify the approprate template file in mail_tt2 to change the behavior of the confirmation e-mails.

Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems
--------------------------------------
Marshall University Computing Services
Drinko Library 428-K
One John Marshall Dr.
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 304.696.3428
Email: address@concealed

To be loved is very demoralizing.
-- Katharine Hepburn

On 06/18/2010 02:10 PM, Chad Myslinsky wrote:
I'm the proud new father of an inherited 5.4.3 installation and am trying to clarify behavior
seen while subscribing to lists with "Who can subscribe to the list (subscribe)" set to
"subscription request confirmed (auth)." My inherited installation decides it wants to
email a password instead of emailing a confirmation link. I've been playing around with the
6.1b.1 appliance which is emailing confirmation links. The Scenario Source is the same between
both environments so I'm not sure what to investigate next. Is there some kind of setting which
forces authentication on the website?

Chad