en - Re: [sympa-users] 5.4.3 Subscribe Behavior Clarification

  • From: Chad Myslinsky <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] 5.4.3 Subscribe Behavior Clarification
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:50:03 -0400 (EDT)

I've started focusing on the subrequest section of sendpasswd.tt2.  My 5.4.3
only has logic to send passwords while the 6.x appliance only has logic to
send a confirmation link.  I tried the appliance's sendpasswd.tt2 under
5.4.3.  The website continued to request a password upon subscribing while
the email received contained an incomplete URL (one_time_ticket value absent)
to confirm the subscription.

Is there a separate configuration elsewhere which determines if the website
and backend confirm the subscription with a link or password?  Taking a few
steps, is a confirmation link only subscription even a feature of 5.4.3?

Chad