en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.01 64bit Support

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.01 64bit Support
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:18:56 -0400

We only ran into one minor issue directly related to migrating from a x86 to a x86_64 architecture.

The word length of the data structures in all the Perl binary config files (config.bin) for your lists will be wrong, if you copy them from a 32-bit install to a 64-bit install. We copied the data from our old server with rsync -av <old server>/home/sympa -e ssh <new server>:/home. Then on the new server run 'find /home/sympa -name "config" -exec touch {} \;'. This will update the timestamps on all the "text only" config files. Then simply restart Sympa to generate new binary config files

You said you were upgrading a server, so I assume you're going to migrate your data. Hope that is helpful.

Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems
Marshall University Computing Services
Drinko Library 428-K
One John Marshall Dr.
Huntington, WV 25755

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think
that's how dogs spend their lives.
-- Sue Murphy