en - [sympa-users] Statistics

  • From: Kristi Aho <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Statistics
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:59:44 -0500

Hello. I've been asked to generate some basic statistics on our server,
such as the 20 most active lists based on number of messages sent, etc.
I saw that there is a dev page about collection of sympa statistics, but I
don't see that anything was ever released. If it is out there somewhere,
could someone please point me in the right direction.

This seems like basic information that lots of people would be interested
in, and I don't want to recreate the wheel if I don't have to. If anyone
has any scripts already developed that they are willing to share, I'd love
to hear from you. We're currently running 5.2.3 on RHEL 5.4.

Also, can someone tell me how the numbers in the
/home/sympa/expl/robotname/listname/stats files are generated? Are they a
cumulative accounting since the list was created? If so, is there a way to
reset them so that I can compare activity all lists starting from a certain
date?

Thanks for any advice.
-Kristi

Kristi A. Aho
Sr. Systems Engineer
Enterprise Messaging & Collaboration
Johns Hopkins University

  • [sympa-users] Statistics, Kristi Aho, 12/08/2009