en - [sympa-users] scenari file for limiting list creation

  • From: Omen Wild <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] scenari file for limiting list creation
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:07:17 -0800

We could like to limit list creation to people who have campus email
addresses. I put together the following scenari file and would
appreciate it if sympa experts could look it over to make sure it will
work properly.

----- Begin scenari file -----
title.gettext anyone with a UC Davis email address

### Global listmasters are allowed to create lists
is_listmaster([sender]) md5,smime -> do_it

### Anyone with a UCD email address is allowed to create lists with validation
match([sender],/[@.]ucdavis\.edu$/) smtp,smime,md5 -> listmaster,notify

true() smtp,md5,smime ->
reject(reason='create_list_local_user')
----- End scenari file -----

The way I read that is:
If you are a listmaster, create without asking questions.
If you have a UCD email address, the listmaster must validate.
Otherwise, reject.

create_list.intranet had the following line:
match([sender],/[conf->host]$/) md5,smime -> listmaster,notify

I am not sure exactly what that does and if I need it.

Thanks,
Omen

--
Omen Wild
Security Administrator

  • [sympa-users] scenari file for limiting list creation, Omen Wild, 12/09/2009