en - Re: [sympa-users] Is there an easy eay to temporarily disable one

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Carsten Aulbert <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Is there an easy eay to temporarily disable one
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:10:07 +0200

Hi Carsten,

It sounds like an interresting feature ; we already had use cases for that in the past.
No obvious way to do it with current versions of Sympa.

To implement this feature we could do something similar to the automatic lists (read <http://www.sympa.org/manual/list-families#automatic_list_creation>) where the receipient address includes some variables.

Please submit a feature request to keep track of the idea: https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

Carsten Aulbert a écrit :
I'm maintaining some lists with sympa where from time to time things like birthday or wedding gifts for one of the list members is discussed.

So far, the list owner logs into sympa's web interface and sets this user to nomail for some time. However, this is not really a good solution for a busy list.

Is there an easy way to create a temporary secondary list which contains all but one (or a few) members or most conveniently (if users understand the design) it would be interesting if one could add this info to the email address itself, e.g.
original list name:

address@concealed

list without user address@concealed

address@concealed

however, this would be a challenge to make most MTA aware to that.

Anyone with an easy approach here?

Cheers

Carsten