en - Re: [sympa-users] subscriber e-mail aliases?

  • From: Warren G Anderson <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] subscriber e-mail aliases?
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:49:39 -0600

Hi,

I have solved a similar problem (but with secondary and tertiary addresses coming from many domains) as follows:

First, mail is a multi-valued LDAP attribute, so have all mail addresses for each user listed in LDAP.

Next, to distribute to only one email address per user, use the list data sources option to build the member list from the LDAP using the regex option to select just one address per user (in your case, by demanding that there is a dot before the @, for instance).

Finally, create a named filter and an authorization scenario for accepting mail into the list. For example, create a file called /etc/ sympa/search_filters/MyGroup.ldap that looks something like:

host my.host.org:389
suffix ou=people,dc=domain,dc=org
filter (&(mail = [sender])(isMemberOf=MyGroupMembers))
scope sub

and another file called /etc/sympa/scenari/send.MyGroup that looks something like:

title.gettext MyGroup members allowed, moderated for non subscribers
search(MyGroup.ldap) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
is_editor([listname],[sender]) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
true() smtp,smime,md5 -> editorkey

then restart sympa and from the admin menus for the list in wwsympa for "Sending/Reception" choose "MyGroup members allowed, moderated for non subscribers" and then update the list.

Using the regex in the LDAP data source for a list will ensure that only one email address per user is subscribed. The named filter and authorization scenario tell sympa "take the [sender] address from an incoming mail message, and look for it in the LDAP. If it is found there, then allow the message through. If not, hold for moderation." I have different lists for different groups of people in LDAP, so my filter example also checks that the email address not only belongs to someone in the LDAP, but that the user belongs to the right group. I therefore need one named filter and one authorization scenario per list. This is bulky, but it does not involve custom code and is therefore upgradable as long as named filters and authorization scenarios continue to be supported.

Cheers,
Warren