en - Re: [sympa-users] subscriber e-mail aliases?

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] subscriber e-mail aliases?
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:20:33 +0200

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Hrvoje,
>

> Am Mittwoch, den 20.05.2009, 10:29 +0200 schrieb address@concealed:
>
> […]
>

>> We need to have the way to define for messages to be accepted from both
>> adresses but distributed to only one of them (so that users don't get
>> double
>> posts etc.). I can't see any option where I can define aliases for
>> subscribers
>> addresses. Is that possible? If not, I think it should be because I believe
>> that people really need it. :)
>>

> I know, that in my preferences in WWSympa, i. e. user preferences, I can
> define another/secondary mail address. I do not know how to do it with
> LDAP though.
>
> […]
>
> Although searching for it on the WWW it looks like your requested
> feature has not been implemented yet [1].

Yes, you are right, this is still a missing feature. The main need is to
be able to accept a message in a private list even if the message From:
is an alias of one of the subscribers and not exactly the email of a
subscriber.

In the case email alias are stored in a LDAP directory, the custom perl
condition is a solution. In the general case, it need a new table in
Sympa DB to store email aliases and a configurable provisioning for it.

The second need is to be able to list your subscribtion including those
related to one of your aliases.

Yes, yes, yes there are many pending feature request in Sympa project !

Serge