en - [sympa-users] Ldap manager script, database access

  • From: Chris Pax <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Ldap manager script, database access
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 16:51:16 +0200

I am programming my own ldap_aliases_manager script.
Along with the normal set of data I use (cn, sn, uid, mail), im also adding a
attribute called "owner". Im going to be running a cron job that keep owners
of
a list in sync with ldap; or ldap in sync with a list.
The only way i can figure out how to do this is pull the owner information
from
the database. I run my custom script from inside
/home/sympa/bin/alias_manager.pl.

i have this line of code:
$out = system("/usr/bin/perl",
"/home/sympa/scripts/ldap_alias_manager/main.pl", $operation, $listname,
$domain);

just before the ($operation eq 'add') section. But, when it runs the code, the
entry in the database does not exists yet.

my question is, where can I put the line of code so that it will be able to
grab the data I need from the database?