en - Re: [sympa-users] unsubscriber list

  • From: Cefiar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] unsubscriber list
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:58:04 +1000

David Verdin wrote:
I'm not sure I caught the meaning of your question, but if you are looking for the list of people who unsubscribed (and the date when it happenned) from a list, it doesn't exist. Sympa doesn't keep track of people who no longer use it.

Wen Si a écrit :
Where can I find the list of unsubscriber of a mail list?
And when is it happened?

As an aside, I use the 'notify list owner' function for this sort of thing, automatically mark them as read and simply archive the emails locally. It's very useful when people complain that they've been dropped from a list and you find out it's because they themselves (or someone masquerading as them in one case) unsubscribed them. In the case of the masquerading issue, it helped the end user find out (via us) that their password to our lists (and to a lot of other sites) had been compromised.

It would be good to have a timestamped audit log though (of adds/removals, etc), where the adds/removes were performed from (web/email/soap/etc), by who (subscriber/owner/admin), and the address of the subscriber. It should also detail subscriber address changes too. Doesn't need to be on by default, but it'd nice to be able to just enable this without other debugging options. Can be very verbose even, as long as all the data is there.

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed