en - Re: [sympa-users] Wwsympa is slow even with fastcgi, please help

  • From: Hanne Moa <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Wwsympa is slow even with fastcgi, please help
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:46:15 +0100

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:11, Paul Menzel <address@concealed> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.02.2009, 11:32 +0100 schrieb Hanne Moa:
>> >>
>> > Looking at the end of the server admin page, you will have indication of
>> > the number of hit served by the cgi : exemple :
>> >
>> > "This FastCGI process (5479) has served 642 pages since 25 Feb 2009 at
>> > 04:02:31. "
>>
>> Thank you, this helped me solve the problem.
>
> Could you share what the solution was, please?

I restarted everything connected to mail. Not just apache but also
sympa, postfix, sasl, everything. I'm not using the os'es package but
a home-made sympa so it's not due to anything added by the distro. I
should probably find out which one did it but I'm in a bit of a hurry.
It simply be that wwsympa*.fcgi all depend on sympa itself already
being up and running, correctly. That would mean that all of the
webserver-interface and the robots *must* run on the same machine
though.

HM