en - Re: [sympa-users] Page size in subscriber list

  • From: Peter Rindfuss <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Page size in subscriber list
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 13:26:26 +0200

On 2008-10-07 09:00, Serge Aumont wrote:
Peter Rindfuss wrote:
Hi,

In the sympa 5.4.3 web interface, I'm trying to set the number of entries which are displayed in the subscriber list, to a value higher than 25, but it always jumps back to 25. The drop down box "Page size" offers 25, 50, 100, 500 as values. What is the trick about this?
That's strange, page size is an session attribute. Do you have the same probleme with the language selection which is anoter parameter extracted from session table ?
You may check what's happen looking in the logs and ni session table :

Session attributes are stored in session_table where _id_session is a key extracted from the _client cookie "sympa_session". (The session id is renewed after each click ; this is a protection against session hijacking).

Serge

Hi Serge,

Thanks for your reply. If have no problems whatsoever changing the language of a page. Switching the language from English to German modifies the database field 'data_session' in 'session_table' from
;auth="ldap";lang="en_US";data="" to
;auth="ldap";lang="de_DE";data=""
Changing the pagesize, however, does not change anything but 'id_session' in the session table. The only log entry corresponding to a page size change is:
Oct 7 13:14:36 athene wwsympa[23506]: [robot wzb.eu] [client 193.174.6.50] [user address@concealed] [list nawi] main::do_review() do_review(0)

It should be noted that we've had sympa for quite a while (updated a couple of times), and it never worked, as far as I recall.

Best, Peter